Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Six Pack Kind of Day

I have done a little bit of mixed media art over the last year or so. It is a process that completely captivates me and so I have been doing more and more of it. In fact, today was a six pack kind of day. I transformed six small square canvas boards into a six pack of mixed media art blocks. So much fun!!!
Today's projects included the following supplies:
homemade alcohol inks
Staz On inks & rubber stamps
scraps of vintage papers
found objects
4" canvas boards & wood blocks.

The home made alcohol inks are a blast to play with. They are not as colorfast as I would like but using a bit of an art fixative over them before I proceeded to the following layers kept them from bleeding. A heavy duty gel medium works surprisingly well as a glue for the found objects and  I think mounting these small canvas boards to the wood blocks is a very functional and stylish finish for them. They can now stand upright & be displayed nicely on any shelf. 

Do you ever have six pack kind of days? What are some of your favorite mixed media supplies? What are your MUST haves when being creative? 


No comments: